Health Issues From Exposure To Mold

Symptoms Of Mold Exposure

At one time or another, almost everyone may have experienced some symptoms of mold exposure. Dependent upon where you live, the mold may grow simply by virtue of your climate and the level of moisture in the house. While mold is not always toxic, it can be. The problem with many molds is they may cause health problems when you are exposed to them over long periods of time. Living in a high humidity environment like Houston TX, it’s likely you will at one time or another be exposed to some type of mold. When you discover mold growing in your house you should You should immediately have mold removal experts come in and remediate the mold and correct the environment that allows to mold to grow and expand

Toxic Mold

Toxic mold, also called Black Mold (Stachybotrys Chartarum) can live and feed in higher humidity, moist areas of your home. In some cases, by the time that you see this mold, it is already well established in your house and symptoms of mold exposure could be the answer to an undiagnosed sickness. If it appears on the walls or in corners, typically the entire inside of the house has already been coated with mold. The inner walls, the upper portion of your ceiling, and often the very wood that frames your home may be coated with a toxic substance. Toxic mold feeds in the more humid areas of the home. It may typically appear in areas that will collect or gather this kind of humidity. These areas may include the carpets of your house. They may also include wallboard, ceiling tiling, the fiberglass insulation of your house, as well as fiberboard, and even paneling. Many times mold is the result of a water damage incident that was not properly cleaned up and dried out. The source of the problem may be a small leak in a water pipe or a roof leak that has gone undetected for some time. You are less likely to see signs of toxic mold on harder materials in your house, such as concrete, harder plastic, or metallic surfaces. It will normally grow in areas where the moisture remains high, like your kitchen, the bathroom, and in places where flooding or leakage has taken place.

Mold Can Cause Serious Health Issues

Black mold (Stachybotrys Chartarum), can cause serious health problems. Knowing how it appears, how it will look to you, and the symptoms it may cause is important. If you are exposed to a toxic mold over a long period of time, it can cause greater and greater health issues that will significantly weaken the body. It can cause injury to you in several different ways. Toxic spores are disturbed into the air you breathe. If you come into very direct contact, the mold dangers increase and multiply. If you are exposed, even mildly to the mold and then touch your face, particularly the nose and eyes, the symptoms will quite likely increase.

Some Are More Susceptible

The mold grows where moisture is present and thrives when the humidity stays high. Mold can often be found when flooding occurs, or if a building has leaky pipes or is otherwise not well maintained. The main symptoms you can suffer from exposure to toxic mold, include a severe cough, problems with your throat, itchy and watery eyes, and in some cases, severe CNS symptoms can take place. Other symptoms may be numbness and tingling, a loss of sensation in your body, the inability to focus, severe headaches, and very often some respiratory problems. If you or someone in your family is older, very young, or has been weakened in some way or is immune-compromised, the effects of the mold exposure may be significantly worse. Any time that you see mold in your home, it is well worth checking out. While you can remove the mold using some DIY cleaners, it is in your best interest to have it checked out by an expert to be sure that it is not a toxic mold.